applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Just the teensiest bit famous

I forgot to mention in my previous posts--I wrote a note to Brenda Dayne of Cast-on, a very cool podcast for knitters. For those of you not familiar with podcasts, they are like personal radio shows broadcast over the internet, and Brenda Dayne makes one of the most popular podcasts in the very small world of knitting podcasting. I dashed off the note in a heated moment, when I heard her talking in a previous podcast about the possibility of throwing away yarn, in the interests of creating a simpler life. You all know how I feel about throwing away yarn, however--BAD IDEA, give it to Interim House if you don't want it! So I wrote this note to Brenda telling her about IH, and then I forgot all about it and went off to Malta.

Then Brenda read a piece of my note in episode 45 (you can listen on your computer even if you don't have an ipod, by scrolling down to the bottom of the page and clicking where it says "download episode 45"). And all of a sudden Brenda's listeners started writing to Kathy Duffy, the social worker at IH, and sending packages of yarn and knitting supplies from all over the world. Isn't that cool? The generosity of you knitters continues to amaze me.

1 Comments:

Blogger AmyB said...

Hi Abby
You turned me on to knitting blogs and I was just listening to that episode of Cast-on and was researching the place to send my yarn! Can't believe it came from you! Hope to see you at our Sunday knitting night soon!
Amy B.

3:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home