applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Thursday, October 13, 2005

My DH (yes mom, that means "Dear Husband")

I've been meaning to post these for a while. I finally finished the stole for my DH that I started back at Thanksgiving. Its knit out of Alchemy Yarns bamboo yarn, which is absurdly expensive. When I bought it, I told myself, this stole must be really stunning or my DH won't wear it. So I spent way more than necessary on the yarn. I am not entirely happy with how it came out, but it is bright and colorful and looks nice against his robe. I asked DH to model it for me:


And now some close-ups:


For the ends I chose a simple lace pattern from that book "Knitting on the Edge" (thank you, Zelphia, for the loan of the book!).

Why, Abigail, is that intarsia? Funny you should ask--yes it is! The first intarsia I ever attempted, but did I read any instructions to get any help about how to do it prior to making my attempt? um...no. You can't really see in this picture, but one of the crosses is a bit hinky and the stole may fall apart someday as a result of my attempts to fix my original problems. Oh well. I'll take care of it when that happens.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh. Ok, you've changed my mind on the knitted stoles. They CAN be done! Bamboo yarn you say? Hmmmm...

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home