applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Saturday, September 24, 2005

Boring, boring

How do those other blogging knitters ever find new things to post about every single day? I sure can't. Most of the time the only thing I have to say is "worked a few more rows on [fill in the blank] project."

Right now I am powering through this baby blanket--gift for Karen, or rather, gift for her NEW BABY (I am definitely excited!). Nearly there. Its one of these corner-to-corner blankets, and I am about 3/4 done, which means that I am working my way towards the last corner, and the rows keep coming faster and faster. Its sure gratifying. I should be finished with it by the end of the weekend, and then I hope to post pictures.

I don't think Karen reads this blog. Karen, if you do read this, you better comment and let me know, so I don't post pics until AFTER the shower!

Those pink/orange/purple socks are also nearly done, thanks to the long dry conference I attended yesterday. The conference was focused on new treatments and outlooks on schizophrenia. Though I was mostly focused on that baby blanket for Karen and then the socks.

I hadn't intended to knit on the socks (which are my back-up purse project). I wanted to get as much done on the blanket as possible, but it was so damned cold at the conference, my friends were all freezing. I was cozy with the baby blanket on my lap. But in the afternoon I took mercy on my friend Joe Morgan, who had no blazer on like I had, and I gave him my 3/4 finished blanket and he draped it around his shoulders to keep warm. He and it looked very nice together. I wish I had a camera so I could show the rest of you how he looked with the knitting needles around his neck! But alas, I still don't have my camera in working order. You will just have to imagine it.

So while Joe was wearing my one knitting project, I pulled the other (the socks) out of my purse and worked steadily through the afternoon. The result is that I have only the toe left to knit on the second sock. So those too should be finished by the end of the weekend.

The moral of the story is, always have a secondary knitting project in case one of your friends is cold and needs to wear your primary WIP.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home