applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

twidding my needles

I need to figure out a more reliable way to get pictures onto the computer. My main excuse for not blogging is not having ready pictures of my WIPs. I actually do have some progress to report. My green sweater that I am knitting continental style is coming along--the front and back are both done and I am working on salmon-colored sleeves for it. It will be wild when its finished.

I really struggled with the neckline of the sweater: the wool yarn I am using for the body is so stretchy, but the soft fuzzy stuff I am using around the neck is actually pretty inflexible. So it took some creativity (adding lots of extra stitches around the edge during the bind-off process, as per my friend Zelphia's suggestion) to make the neckline lie flat.

I went back and forth about whether the sweater needed sleeves at all--since there is a whole set of sweater-vests in the latest issue of Vogue Knitting, I flirted for a while with the idea of leaving this green sweater a vest. But once I saw it put together I decided that the shoulders were too heavy looking to be left like they were. The sweater needed sleeves.

In other desperately interesting Abby's-knitting-news, the socks I am knitting out of the pink, purple and orange Sockotta are coming along magically. Done with one, working steadily on the foot of the second. I can't wait to wear them--since I am, for the first time, keeping these socks for myself.

And Karen's baby blanket is about half done. I need to finish it soon, though--the baby shower is coming up soon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home