applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Saturday, August 04, 2007

Both socks I am knitting in a basket of rocks



We've been up at Bill's family place in Michigan. We saw old friends, particularly our friends Bob and Jane, who were with us the entire time. In knitting news, Jane made a fabulous garter-stitch scarf--I wish I'd taken a picture of it, it is so beautiful. I worked on a present for somebody else (I can't post pictures--the recipient occasionally reads this blog) as well as these two socks. The orange and green one socks will be for me; the pink and blue will hopefully be part of a pair to be gifted to Jane. I can post this picture as she was with me as I was knitting--no surprise there. I am actually nearly done with her first sock--it remains to be seen how quickly I will finish the second sock.

I have socks on the brain--I also bought some wild green yarn at a lovely yarn store in Ludington, called Nautical Yarn to knit these socks, the Spiral Boot Socks, from the Summer 2007 issue of Interweave Knits. To be started only after I've finished the previously mentioned 2 pairs of socks.


I was going to buy pink yarn and knit the socks like in the Interweave picture above, but Jane talked me into buying some Kermit green yarn instead. Jane and I went a little bit crazy buying yarn at Nautical Yarn, but it is really such a lovely shop. The socks will remind me forever of Bill's and my trip up to the top of the Little Point Sable lighthouse near his cottage. Bill took this picture of the spiral staircase as we climbed the 130 steps to the top.


Other than a few activities like pinochle, bike riding and sitting on a towel in the sand by Lake Michigan, here is what I did for the entire time:


Want to see the rest of my Michigan pictures? go here, to my Flickr site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home