applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Gosh, its been so long!

This post covers several events. I've been away and unable to blog, so here is some catchup posting.

First of all, I went on a pilgrimage retreat with about 25 twenty-somethings from my denomination, which was held at a camp in the Adirondacks,Camp Fowler. I taught about half the participants to knit throughout the week. It was great to see that the craft is still appreciated by the younger generation. If you want to see my pictures from the retreat, go here, to my flickr site. However, I wanted to post this one picture,


if you promise to pay no attention to that girl behind the communion table. She's trying hard to get your attention with her knitting, so you'll have to resist. I took this picture at the last night's worship service, when the group decided to decorate the communion table with their knitting WIPs. The scripture was that one from the psalms, "see, I knit you together in your mother's womb..." and the service was beautiful.

Also, I need to document that the previous week I went to Philadelphia and spent the afternoon with Interim House. I delivered the yarn I collected from my new congregation up here in Schenectady. Here is a picture of me with Kathy, the social worker who runs the amazing and innovative knitting program at IH.


You can't really tell from the picture, but the way-back of our Ford Explorer was nearly full of the yarn donations. And here is a picture of Kathy with the knitter who only needs her first name to be introduced, Zelphia!

It was Zelphia's birthday, and I was so happy to be there for her birthday party! I wish I could post pictures of the participants in the IH knitting program, and pictures of their knitting, it was really a sight to see all their beautiful creations. Alas, I am not allowed to post their pictures. You should still go look at the Interim House blog, to see the pictures of the knitting the ladies produce, even if you can't see pictures of the ladies themselves.

Also when we were in Philly we saw many of our friends, and here are a few pictures.



Oh, and finally, because I haven't posted pictures of my nephew in a while, here is one from this weekend, when my folks visited and the family just hung out for the holidays. Here is Alex with my brother Dan:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home