applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Sunday, April 29, 2007

WAH!

To my yoga friends in Philadelphia: Wahe Guru. The whole time I was in Washington, and I thought about the abreviation for the state, WA, I thought of WAH and wahe guru and wanted to sing the songs and chant the chants I knew from yoga class, but I knew none of my family would understand, so I kept my singing and chanting interior.

To my family in WA: hi! This is your big chance to live famously, in perpetuity, on my blog! For those of you who want to see ALL my Washington photos, click here for my flickr site.
For the rest of you, here are a few pics and a summary.

After flying to Seattle, I took the train to Bellingham WA


Waiting for the train to arrive, I wandered around the central part of Seattle, and found this beautiful sight


at the Waterfall Garden Park. The sign states that this park stands on the site of the birthplace of United Parcel Service.

The purpose of this trip was to spend time with my mother's side of the family. Here are a few of them




I saw lots more beautiful sights, including this view from near the top of Mount Constitution on Orcas Island


And about a gazillion tulips. April is when tulip bulbs are grown in NW Washington. They later ship these bulbs all over the world for other people to plant in their back yards.


My Aunt Lynnette's gorgeously huge tulips in her backyard


Of course, tulips were everywhere, decorating tables, making my Aunt Linda look even more beautiful than she already is.


Of course there was a lot of knitting. I like to call the below picture, "Non-still life with Tulips, Washcloth and Sock".


My mother was knitting washclothes for everybody she met


My Aunt Linda was alternately knitting a shawl and a pair of striped brown socks.


Here we are, the knitting Aunties, knitting on the ferry to Orcas Island (we also knit on couches, in cars, in coffee shops, in bed, and pretty much everywhere else inbetween).


We went to two yarn shops, the Wool Station in Bellingham (awesome, big shop, good prices, unusual choices)


And Poppie's Fine Yarns, on Orcas Island, where all the Mountain Colors yarns were on sale and the lady who owned the shop was very nice to let us stay a LOOOONG time.


Here's my loot from those two shops. I do like to buy yarn, my favorite kind of souveneir.


I have only one more thing to say: Don't step on the duck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home