applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Ugly things I've knit

The process has been very difficult, but I was finally forced to admit to myself that the only poncho I ever knit was a complete failure. Ugly, ugly, ugly. The more I knitted on it the more I suspected that the brown-and-green eyelash yarn most closely resembled a dying lawn. And it's useless, to boot. It's not warm and it's so big it slips off my shoulders.

So I've never worn the thing out of the house. I can't bear to frog it though. So its been sitting on my desk in a sad little lump until I finally found a use for it: as my entry into the You Knit What website's contest for the worst thing you ever knit. I figure that it being a poncho made out of eyelash yarn, I at least have some chance at winning. Wanna see the beast?



Well, there it is, in all its ugliness. Oh, but notice the beautiful beast on my shoulder! That's Bodhi the ferret (known affectionately as "Rabid Biter" the first few months of her life; its better to not ask why). You know, she's ordinarily a pretty feisty girl, but she was so terrified of the poncho that she was afraid to move. Maybe I need to wear the poncho every time I handle her.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that poncho is ugly! I know you posted on my blog that you think my top is uglier than your poncho, but I think it's a toss-up. I thought up until now that I had this contest in the bag, but now I'm not so sure! We'll find out tomorrow what garment they think is uglier, huh? Good luck to you, and may the ugliest garment win!

11:13 AM  
Blogger Rabbitch said...

The poncho is ... unique. And um ... yes. It's ugly, I'm sorry to say.

The ferret's amazingly cute, though!

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home