applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Monday, October 24, 2005

WIPs--word of the day

Hi, mom. WIP means "work in progress." So last night at the Shawl Ministry group I was so inspired by Phoebe, our newest knitter who nevertheless finished our first official shawl (she was fast--she finished in about 3 or 4 weeks), that I started a new shawl, using the same big needles she used. The shawl I was crawling along with, the white one that seems to never grow any longer, was depressing me. So I pulled out some red and orange light n' lofty I had in my stash and started another shawl. The fun of new beginnings.

This means that now I have the below-mentioned green sweater to finish, the white shawl, the orange hurricane shawl, my black Einstein coat (that also feels like it will never be finished), and now the new red and orange shawl. And none of it is interesting knitting! Here is my problem. I feel bored by all my projects, and want something fun, something with lots of increases and decreases and maybe cables or color changes. Can I possibly be justified in starting even another project?

Here is the inspirational Phoebe:


And here is Len, in her finished objects, the scarf in seed stitch that caused so much long-suffering travail, and a ribbed hat:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home