applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

London Part II

Found Yarn! and the 10.5 needle I needed! At a department store. Can you believe it? It would be like walking into Macy's and finding a yarn department. Definitely a little strange...but the yarn was lovely (if small in selection) and as most of London was having a 50% off sale, the yarn department at John Lewis was no exception. Found some nice stuff. Okay, we're in an internet cafe and I need to sign off, because my husband tells me that we can't go over the twenty minute limit or something bad will happen (like we'll have to pay another pound!)

5 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

Not that this is at all helpful...AFTER I read this post, I remembered reading that a lot of dept. stores have yarn depts. rather than there being a lot of local LYSs. See, not helpful.

Glad for you, though! It's SO frustrating to want to work on something and not have the tools.

1:01 PM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Glad you found yarn! I couldn't imagine that there wasn't any yarn to be had in London. That was just baffling.

5:53 PM  
Blogger Kathryn Duffy,MSS, LCSW said...

Abby, Hi, it's me, Kathy from Interim House. I was wondering what you were up to and thought I would look for your blog. I love reading about your trip. And your yarn fast. And your needing to find yarn in London! We miss you!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Francesca said...

How great that you're in London! *Sigh* I miss that city. But John Lewis totally has good knitting stuff. That's the store that dragged me back into knitting after a few years off. I used to lurk there amongst the baby-friendly yarn while pregnant.

Have fun!

3:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How fun to ring in the new year in London! Hope life has been treating you well since.
Spinningdoula

2:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home