applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thanksgiving, part I

I'm sorry, but isn't this the cutest baby ever? I mean, really? In that tiny plaid shirt?



Yes, that's my nephew Alex and his mommy, my sister-in-law Kari. They and my brother Dan decided at the last minute to come down for Thanksgiving. It was so great to see them, and to cuddle the baby, who is soon not even going to be a baby any more. He's 15 months old. Walking about and learning to complain when he doesn't get what he wants and so on.

For good measure, another picture of Alex, this time with my cousin Meegan.


Who can resist the cuteness? Those little fingers and toes?

Saw lots of other people at Thanksgiving too. But I don't have many pictures. There was a fair amount of horsing around:


That's cousin Austin and his wife Jen. Goofballs.

And of course, much food-related action. There's my dad.

I wish I had pictures of everybody to post. It was a typical thanksgiving. Lots of eating, vegetarian and non-vegetarian options galore. And of course, there was lots of knitting. I pretty much finished the scarf, finally, and then fringed it at our next location, Kirkwood camp in the Poconos where we hung out with Bill's kids.



I decided after Bill took this picture to braid the fringes. Get it? A cable braid in the pattern, with braided fringe at the ends. It looks much better now. I could tell that the Malabrigio Merino I used would in the fringe quickly turn to balls of fuzz. But it really is lovely, soft, warm, cozy stuff. Perfect for a scarf. When Libby at Water Street Yarns sold me the yarn, she told me it wanted to be a scarf, and she was right.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a terrific Thanksgiving you had! Your baby nephew is adorable! Check out the one I helped with today
http://www.spinningdoula.com

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home