applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Starting small.

Very small.

After having hit a wall with this blog, I decided that I better set myself some easily attainable goals. I thought, I can't seem to find the oomph to get back into blogging. But if I start small, maybe I'll be able to start over. Hence the tiny socks. Each was knit in about a day.

They really are tiny, adorable, knit for a friend who is currently quite pregnant. I followed a pattern I found here, though I added the little mock cables to keep me interested. I used some yarn I've had in my stash for a long time, this veeeeeeeeerrrrrry stretchy cotton yarn which has like 3% elastic, called Fixation from Cascade. Its lovely. The thing I was worried about when I started the socks was that I wouldn't be able to keep the tension even because of the great stretchiness of the yarn. And there are some parts of the socks which seem a bit looser than others. But the material the yarn makes is so wonderful, soft and stretchy and just perfect for socks. And heck, socks get washed lots and will be stretched out of shape, so what does it matter, really?

Here's another picture, with some common office supplies in the picture for perspective, so you can see just how tiny these socks are:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mel said...

This may mean I've found something to try my hand at sock-knitting! Coolness.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Abigail said...

Cuuuute socks! :)

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home