applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Cuteness cubed

Warning: I am taking the cuteness to a whole nother level in this post. Stop reading now if you can't stand it. (and forgive me for the use of the word "nother", I just like that expression.) Also, I regret to inform you that there is little knitting content in this post. All I'll say is I spent hours today going through all my boxes of books (which are still not unpacked from the move), trying to find my copy of Debbie Bliss' Simply Baby, so that I can look at the color pictures of a project I am working on, but I simply couldn't find the book. Aaargh. These are the things which make me want to swear like a pirate.

Anyway, back to the cuteness. To start, a gratuitous picture of my nephew. With the love of his life, his blankie.


Adorable! Now lets take it up a notch and add a kitty cat:


Oh, wook adda kitty.

Next, a picture of my friend Stacey. She's cute.

We went together on a road trip this weekend to see a band I never heard of, but loved in concert, the Decemberists,


And well, they were adorable, what with their dancing and their singing, and their show even included a giant fish puppet.

The next day Bill and I went to see one of the cutest folk singers around, Christine Lavin, together with Bill's daughter Kim who was visiting for the weekend. Ms. Lavin is hilarious. And she ended her show with baton twirling! Anyway, as part of her show she brought some volunteers up to the stage, and ended up picking Bill because he was one of the people in the audience whose birthday falls close to Christmas. That thing in his hand is a windchime which he was supposed to shake as a kind of buzzer, jeopardy-style, when he knew the answers to her trivia questions.


Bill came from behind and won the trivia contest, but it was neck and neck the whole time.

When Kim was visiting she brought her ferret, Zoe, and also her new baby ferret who doesn't have a name yet. This, together with our ferret Bodhi, makes three ferrets in our house this weekend, which resulted in much mayhem and a bit of stinkiness. (I considered titling this post "the three ferrets," in echo of the three tenors, but I figured that since our ferrets do not sing, they only giggle and jump around and nibble on one another's ears, the only resemblance they bore to Placido Domingo et al. was in the number three, and that was not enough of a reason to call up the ghosts of the opera world.)

Here's the cutest photo of all: Kim with the ferrets.


Ferrets play pretty rough with one another, but at the end of the day they always end up sleeping in the same bed. Here they are in the hammock of the ferret cage, just waking up. Ridiculously cute!


Kim and I wanted to do a photoshoot with all three of the ferrets, so first we put them all on our bed but they just wouldn't sit still in the same place long enough to have their pictures taken, so then we put them in the bathtub with the bathmat, so they would have a smaller area to roll around in. First, they just wanted to get out of the tub


But they they played around in the tub for a while



Until they lay down exhausted


You know, I'm not really in favor of cute, generally speaking, but its hard to resist three ferrets at once. I think the only one who resisted was our cat, who refused to let me take her picture and sulked in the next room. She'll have her day another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home