applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Look what I got for my birthday!


That's right, its a fabulous Jordana Paige knitting bag, from my loving husband, who actually paid attention when I mentioned to my friend Jane that I would like to have the above item, and then went and found it online for me. I love the bag. Its big enough for most big projects, and has plenty of secret, secure spots for little knitting tools.

I got another terrific gift from my mom: the KnitPicks Interchangeable Needles set that I've been wanting for forever. I finished this blanket


with the KnitPicks needles, and let me just say, they really are great to knit with. Almost as good as knitting with Addis.

Here is a picture of the blanket from above, so you can get a better sense of it.


Its not very big, only about 3 feet by 3 feet, but its for a little baby, and sometimes its handy to have a little blanket, you know, to use in the baby carrier or just cover his head when nursing. This is for my friends/cousins Austin and Jenn who are having a baby any day now. I just have to wash it and send it off!

(speaking of things which need to be washed and sent off, I have a pile of several fo's which still need to get into the hands of the intended recipients. I'm sorry Jane, I still have your socks. You'll get them soon.)

I am making good progress on another set of socks, these are the "Go with the Flow Socks", another pattern from Interweave Knits' Favorite Socks. A fun and easy pattern.


I must say, I'm having a hard time finding a job, but finishing up lots of UFO's in the meanwhile.

5 Comments:

Blogger pimpampum said...

First of all,Happy Birthday!
Your Jordana Paige bag is beautiful, I love it so much! I´m still waiting for someone to offer me one... :)

6:18 PM  
Blogger Cotton Wool & Silk said...

You have a very nice, loving husband Abby! And the baby blanket is gorgeous. You are so smart to know that little blankets like that can be so handy with little babies!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Angi said...

Happy Birthday!!! Good Husband indeed! That's a really pretty blanket. Is there a printed pattern or did you just make it up as you went along? Benny just bought me the Knit Picks wooden interchangables. I love them. My daughter in law has a set of the metal ones. they're wonderful too. We both think we'll order some tips from the other set (me metal, her wood)in the sizes we seem to use the most. That way we'll have the best of both worlds!

2:25 AM  
Blogger Denise said...

Happy Birthday :) You'll love the Knit Picks, they're really great! Jealous of that bag - looks brilliant :D

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am totally in love with this blanket! Would you mind sharing your pattern? Thanks!

Jennifer
jennanndavis@gmail.com

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home