applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My autobiography in six words.

There's this trend going around on Facebook and the blogosphere based on the Smith Magazine book on the NY times bestseller list, titled Not Quite What I Was Planning. The title is a six-word memoir. The book is full of more six-word memoirs, by famous and obscure writers.

So I thought I'd write my own six-word memoir. Ready? Here it is:

Knits Beautifully For Other Mothers' Babies.

Perhaps my six-word memoir is a bit more revealing than my customary style on this here normally obfuscatory blog. But what the heck, it'll be spring soon and I had a glass of wine tonight, I am feeling unusually transparent.

What is your six-word memoir?

4 Comments:

Blogger Cotton Wool & Silk said...

Takes Risks And Loves The Consequences

4:32 PM  
Blogger Cotton Wool & Silk said...

I'm not sure if I want to keep my autobiography in six words as I've posted -- or if I want to change ONE vowel -- it's a little more widely accurate -- although my first posting is quite true too.

So here's the one with the vowel change:
Takes Risks and Lives the Consequences

9:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Whether or not "lives" is more accurate, I like "loves" better--it sounds more exciting and dangerous. All autobiography is at its root fiction anyway.

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

interesting article. I would love to follow you on twitter.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home