applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Questions about Interim House

Well, I heard from my wonderful Mom and from several other folks who would like to send yarn to Interim House (see Friday's post). This is so exciting! If you want to send any, post a comment or email me, and I will send you the address so you can mail yarn directly to the Social Worker there.

In answer to your questions:

1. Partial and single balls are welcome. They will use the yarn for skinny scarves or work it into multi-colored afghans.

2. Needles are also welcome, needles of any size and shape, though there is a greater need for the larger needles (10-13). And crochet hooks and any other knitting tools--they never have enough tape measures or needle gauges or darning needles etc.

3. Any fibers are welcome. Like I said, they love fun fur but they devour acrylic yarns and they also love wool yarn, as felted bags are a popular project.

Much love is coming from me out to any of you who are considering sending yarn to Interim House.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home