applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Saturday, November 12, 2005

Big life change

I usually restrict myself to knitting content on this blog. I think I do this because its "safe," (though sometimes knitting can be dangerous, indeed, witness how at my current ministry setting, a state psychiatric hospital, none of the patients are allowed to knit because the staff is frightened that people might stab themselves with the knitting needles--can you imagine? I've tried to explain that the very soothing nature of knitting would prevent such incidents, but they cannot be convinced, just as TSA authorities were for months following 9/11) meaning that I don't share much of my actual life. Which means that most of the time this blog is pretty boring. And I'm okay with that. I mostly blog to keep some kind of record of my knitting for posterity. Here's hoping Blogger's server doesn't go down in a firey blast.

But today I am announcing a big life change: I have a new job. I will no longer be a chaplain at the beforementioned psyche facility (and if I think about leaving too much I will start crying, so lets move on), and I will be moving on to a full-time chaplaincy position with VistaCare hospice. More hours, lots more salary, benefits, paid vacation...its a real job. I am looking forward to the change. Mostly what I want to know though is, will I have enough time to knit with this new job?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! From Psyche to Hospice. Please do find time for knitting. You're going to continue to need the peace it offers. Who knows? Maybe as your hospice patients touch your heart, you'll remember them with a wink or a smile as you wear whatever you were knitting during the time you ministered to their heart. Just my 2 cents worth. Congratulations and blessings on the new job!
Angi in Ohio
Spinningdoula.com

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job! I'm sure that you'll find purpose no matter where you work. That's your style after all.

Your Brother Dan

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home