applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Wednesday--my favorite day to watch TV

Because of my secret favorite TV show. I'll admit it here: I LOVE "America's Next Top Model." This season isn't quite as good as last season, which had this beautiful, tall, blonde, hippie blind girl--but its still enthralling. This is something I don't understand about myself. Why do I love it so much? I look forward to each new episode. Other people make sure they are home to watch "ER," or they TiVo "The West Wing." I make a special effort to be home Wednesdays for the stick-skinny, back-stabbing, whiny self-absorbed wanna-be models.


I end up watching the show by myself (because my husband cannot stand it), and I knit blissfully through each episode.

Something about the wild clothes and makeup I love. Maybe its my alter-ego coming out--you know, most of the time I go around in black, boring clothes, clomping around it my vegan Doc Martens. The most exciting things I wear are these pretty blazers my parents gave me last Christmas, and my handknit socks. Some part of me is a secret top model, longing to fuss with hairspray and makeup, don midriff- and cleavage-baring tops and tight jeans, and teeter around in very unsensible shoes. But so long as I am a minister-type this secret top model part of myself will go un-fulfilled.

I guess I'm all right with that.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home