applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

knitting updates (no pictures, sorry)

Tonight I was doing my best to ignore the enormous pile of laundry that needs to be processed. Instead I continued working on another tiny sock (similar to the ones pictured below, same yarn, only slightly different colors and in a stripy pattern) while listening to this podcast of a radio program, which includes one of my favorite theologians, Susan Brooks Thistlethwaite (I always loved saying her name, which I would usually say aloud when I was reading her books and articles by myself). The discussion on the program doesn't really cover any new ideas, but it was still good to hear a theologian I love, saying good, common-sense things about gay and lesbian issues in the church.

I do love podcasts. I am sure you have all already discovered Cast-On and KnitCast by now, but if you havn't, do take a listen. Fun stuff to knit by.

My cat really loves the sound of podcasts. Has anybody else had that experience? She spends a lot of time rubbing my computer and then rubbing me whenever I have sound of voices playing from the computer speakers. Its as if she finds podcasts...attractive. The same way she finds my speaker-phone conference call attractive (with my job, everybody on the entire hospice team checks in with one another every morning via conference call). She loves the sound of the speaker-phone, no matter who is talking--she always trys to bump the phone off the table with her nose, as if she's trying to find the person speaking, who is undoubtedly hiding underneath the telephone.

In other knitting news, in the last six weeks my church knitting group has produced seven shawls to be distributed to various shut-in members of the congregation. Its been a challenge for our little group, but the results have been very positive--the recipients are enjoying their shawls, and that's enough gratification for us knitters to make us want to keep on knitting. Wish I had pictures of them all--they are beautiful--but I don't have any. You will all just have to imagine.

2 Comments:

Blogger Abigail said...

I am completely enamoured of Cast-On. I can't speak to the cat experience though, since I am catless.

11:36 PM  
Blogger Francesca said...

Now I'm saying Thistlethwaite out loud too. Thistlethwaite. What a wonderful name.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home