applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Surrounded by whales and children

My mother and I are visiting with her family in Washington State. We're remembering ancient history and being reminded that time isn't so much of a roadblock--we're here, with family I haven't seen in years, and yet it still feels like a version of home. At the moment we're at my cousin's home on Orcas Island. Ocean, seashells, tall trees. I've got lots of pictures (including many pictures of tulips--it is, after all, tulip season in Washington) but I can't get them uploaded because I don't have the proper equipment. I'll just have to wait a couple more days til I am back in New York.

Meanwhile, I am making great progress with my first toe-up socks, and I've also begun a new baby blanket. Wish I could show ya...

1 Comments:

Blogger Angi said...

Have a great rest of your trip! I look forward to seeing your pictures!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home