applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Any guesses

about what this thing is?


Is it a fossil of an ancient neanderthal piece of knitting?

Nope, its another terrible picture of my own knitting, a swatch for this.

Some of you know I am to be a proud stepmother-of-the-groom next month. I need just the right outfit, right? So I have a pretty dress I want to wear, but it has no sleeves, and I feel the need to have a bit more coverage, so my plan is to knit this lovely shrug to wear with the dress. The dress is very plain, light beige, and I am thinking I will actually knit the shrug in green or maybe yellow for a bit of contrast.

The pattern lists Tahki Cotton Classic as a possible yarn for this pattern. Now I have about 14 skeins of this yarn in my stash. But I don't have enough of any one color, and anyway, the colors in my stash are all cool blues, which doesn't go well with the beige of the dress. So I will have to buy more of whatever color I choose. What a shame.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your I DO will be beautiful! Has the wedding happened yet?

Spinningdoula

7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home