applekale

Abigail Norton-Levering's knitting journal.

Friday, March 24, 2006

Eric is back to visit!

Eric is my guy friend who occasionally knits. Perhaps he will pull his knitting out when he's here visiting. I'll try to take some sneak pictures when he's not looking.

And Eric even helped me to wind yarn. What a saint.



The job was not easy. The yarn was tangled and knotted. Its Patagonia Nature Cotton, which I bought over the summer at a lovely yarn shop/spinnery in Maine,

Halcyon Yarn. I am knitting it up into a little sweater for a friend's baby. Though I'm not sure I like how its coming out, because the yarn is thick-n-thin, and even knitted on size 8 needles the fabric seems a bit loose in places. And the lace pattern I chose for the edges isn't doesn't look too great. I think I will wash and block this piece and then see whether I want to keep going with the project.

This is a terrible picture of the back of the sweater.


I took the pics on this blog with a sad little computer camera. But I figure a post with bad pictures is better than a post with no pictures at all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Francesca said...

Even bad photos show how lovely the wool is. It's beautiful.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home